Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Time: 9:08pm
Weight: Unknown--but --eh feeling ok
Location: Gee--big surprise--in front of the television

So I got back on the bandwagon today. Stuck with my "good old fashioned," no white no sugar diet today and feel like I want to eat an entire bag of bagels right about now--instead I am eating a banana and having some fat free milk. It helps--but those bagels are still calling my name

Its been an interesting week which has made it hard, if not near impossible, to stick to my diet.

Lets recap:

My boss got fired. --Big upheaval--basically means putting someone with half as much experience and even less common sense, in charge of a project that was already rapidly heading down scholck alley. That brings my crew down to 3, count them 3, competent, experienced and well versed people running a very high profile shindig for less than minimum wage--combined.

My co-worker quit. --In light of the wonderful hubbub caused by certain people, who will remain nameless, throwing other certain people under a bus--professionally anyway--my co-worker had a fit and decided to--jump ship. Now that brings my crew down to 2. Count them 2 people--with big responsibilities, no time and rapidly waning patience.

Wouldn't you just love to be in my shoes?

I find that when I get stressed out --I really want white things--(white things in my vocabulary being--bagels, tortillas, anything that I am not supposed to eat that I would usually eat if I were not being good)--I think I remember reading somewhere that carbs actually increase your serotonin levels, (read that as "happy" chemicals) and help reduce your stress, but at the same time "refined" carbs are known inflammation foods that actually stress the body out more. So at the same time you are introducing a "feel good" chemical into your body, you are also putting an added stress on your body to process that chemical. Its funny what your body does under stress--especially when its trying to "self comfort." Its like "sabotage time!"

I guess you just can't win!

2 comments:

Lynn Dombrowski said...

Aren’t our bodies’ funny things? How years and years of evolution have “trained” our bodies to eat whilst the food is accessible, (to survive the calorie draught times that cyclical come around).

Now in the twenty-first century, where food is abundant, we still have that stress factor. Stress comes along in different forms but our body still treats it all the same. The yearning to over eat kicks in and we gouge ourselves.

I read somewhere that once the population size of the human races reaches a certain size and inter continent travel is extremely common, evolution will stop.

I find that fascinating because I don’t believe it’s true; I believe that with in the next four to five decades genetic manipulation will be more and more common.

We will be evolving, but at our discretions. I guess.

Perhaps weight issues won’t be a problem.

Anyway I have to go to work.

“Maybe is not about the questions we will answer but about the ones we will bring up.”

Thank you for your comments. :)

Terri said...

I use to work for a place that had always had problems with a shrinking crew. I am rather surprise I lasted 2 years out there with all the B.S. going on. After 2 years it had finely broke me mentally and physically so I resign. I had already knew ahead of time my butt was on the way out getting fired over some really stupid stuff.

If someone asked me if I would go back and apply for a job there, I would say NO WAY!!!!!!!

This place was a kind of place where you are either in the circle or out. If you were out of the loop with other people you no longer had a job there.

This place also had a history of recycling their people right out the door in two years. In two years you reach your top pay. Imagine that.