Monday, September 26, 2005



Time: 7:35pm EST
Location: Dining Room Table-post dinner
Weight: 158



Ok that’s more like it. See, I had a heart attack when I stepped on the scale the first time this morning and it read 163!!! "Ok I am going backwards!" I thought.. but then I stepped on another two times and low and behold it held at 158. That’s a good thing. Stupid Walmart Special.

I was a bad girl today. I played hooky from work and my boyfriend and I went kayaking instead. We bought two gorgeous boats yesterday and neither one of us could wait to get out on the water and paddle. Dan, the owner of the dinky boat shop we went to, is this fabulous old man whose hobby is selling young couples like us high end boats for really cheap. From everything we can tell we got a great deal. I have a Perception 13.5 Sonoma Aerolite. Its lime green and a rocket ship on the water. While its not a killer workout--its good enough for my bad shoulders. I am going to be sore tomorrow guaranteed.

I think I will go to the gym tomorrow morning--depending on how late we are up tonight. It was a great day and I hardly ate a thing. Eggs and bacon scrambled together, a homemade smoothie and cumin crusted pork with corn salsa. Though I definitely just cheated by having some M+Ms. Oh well. A few wont kill me.

Lately I have found that any white flour I eat--in bread, flour tortillas (my downfall) even fried foods when I eat them; wreaks havoc on my stomach. It feels like a rock in my belly and it lasts for hours. It happened last week after a co-worker and I had split a huge flour tortilla with eggs and Swiss cheese inside. I don't think I will be doing that again anytime soon. Its nice to finally have the cravings go away--those nasty carb cravings. Now its funny--when I do eat them--I eat them more out of habit than out of desire. Today it was straight curiosity at whether or not it would kill my stomach.. Guess what--it did. Its no so much sugar per say--its the white flour at this point. (I had 2 little 4" flour tortillas with a little bit of butter) I guess I sabotaged myself more than I thought I did.

Over the last two weeks I went fairly strict on the diet my nutritionist gave me. My boyfriend and I leave for Florida for our annual trip on Friday and I wanted to look the best I possibly could. Given the meals today and the cheating.. I dont know that that is necessarily going to be the case.. but I will look pretty damn good.

The other night we went out to Southampton to see a couple of friends that moved out there at the beginning of August. I was standing in their living room in a brown satin halter and jeans and caught sight of myself in the reflection in the huge sliding glass doors that lead out to the ocean. I didn't recognize myself-- not for a second. It was the first time I really got a good idea of how much I have lost thus far. That same night we went to see a group of friends at another house--partying until the wee hours of the morning. One of the guys we have been friends with forever, has always been very supportive of my weight loss and even my weight gain... (one of those good guys who like you no matter what the scale says)--and his reaction to the new look was disarming. He seemed almost angry about it. Like "hey we need to talk about this!!!" I wasn't sure how to take it.

No comments: